Something about the summer brings on our desire to eat lighter foods. The heat can definitely dampen your appetite, and leave you wanting less. It’s also a time to enjoy the outdoors, which means…pick-nicks! These spring rolls are a lighter dish that’s easy to transport. They are also perfect for appetizers, pot lucks, and regular ol’ dinner. With all those healthy veggies and a great serving of protein, this dish is also very satisfying. You’ve got to give this one a try!
Make sure you serve these guys with our spicy peanut sauce!
- 1 lb grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 10 rice paper wrappers
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into long, thin strips
- 3 celery ribs, cut into long, thin strips
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into long, thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 – 3 green onion, chopped
- You will need a bowl of hot tap water.
- Submerge the rice paper in the hot tap water for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Place on a cutting board – the rice paper will hydrate and become pliable.
- This recipe makes 10 rolls, so grab one tenth of each ingredient and lay it in the middle of the rice paper.
- Gently cover the ingredients with the rice paper that is closest to you.
- Next, fold both sides in toward the middle.
- Roll the ingredients toward the end, as if rolling an egg roll.
- Push any stragglers back in to the roll as you go.
- Be careful not the fill the roll too full, or the rice paper will tear.
- Repeat 9 more times.