What are you having for breakfast on Christmas morning? You’ve been busy buying gifts, wrapping said gifts, going to Christmas parties, decorating the house with lights, decorating the inside of your house, putting up the tree, planing Christmas dinner, dressing the dogs in Christmas outfits, and any other preparations you must make in order to have the perfect Christmas. But wait! You forgot to think about breakfast for Christmas morning. Let me tell you, this is a very important event, and you must not mess it up. Oh no, you think, I don’t want to mess it up, so what do I do? We have the perfect recipe! It’s sweet and savory, and it’s the perfect combination for every palate. Unless you don’t like sweet and salty together. And if you don’t, I’m not sure I can trust you. 😉 So, what’s this magical breakfast item? Sausage Pancakes. They are ridiculously easy to make and so very tasty!
1/2 lb pork sausage (You can use regular, maple, or hot and spicy)
Pancake mix (follow the directions on your favorite pancake mix to make 6-8 medium pancakes) We use Snoqualmie Falls Pancake Mix. It’s our favorite because it’s so light and bubbly.
Makes about 6-8 pancakes
3 servings, 426 calories, 23.5g fat, 33g carbohydrates, 18.7g protein
1. Brown the sausage and set aside.
2. Mix pancake batter.
3. Heat a medium sized non-stick pan to medium.
4. Pour the pancake batter into the hot pan.
5. Sprinkle a small handful of sausage onto the batter in the pan. Let cook until the bubbles in the middle of the pancake pop and the holes do not fill up again with batter.
6. Flip the pancake and cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until golden brown.
7. If you would like to keep your pancakes warm while the others cook, place them on a baking sheet and add to an oven set to 200 degrees.
These are a great sweet and savory breakfast treat, perfect for those who want it both ways! What’s your favorite Christmas morning breakfast? Let us know in the comments. Perhaps this will become one of your favorites!