I love quiche. It’s breakfast food in pie form. Not much is better than that. Except maybe a gooey grilled cheese and creamy tomato soup. But I digress from that tangent and turn to the topic at hand.
There are so many varieties and combinations you can come up with. This is a great example. As long as you have a great base recipe, the creativity is endless. Hot pepper cheese gives this version a kick, while turkey sausage and scallions keep it grounded. White pepper and garlic salt come together to give it a couple extra layers of flavor. Bake, and presto! You’ve got a breakfast star on your hands.
[Tweet “As long as you have a great base recipe, the creativity is endless. “]
The question is this: will you eat your breakfast pie for brunch or a recurring weekday meal? You tell us!
Sausage and Pepper Jack Quiche
8 oz turkey sausage
1 premade pie crust
1 cup Milk
1 cup Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
4 Scallions, cut at 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1. If Pie crust is frozen, remove from freezer to thaw.
2. Preheat oven to 375, and par-bake pie crust for 10 minutes. Lower the oven temp to 350.
- 8 oz turkey sausage
- 1 premade pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
- 4 Scallions, cut at 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- If Pie crust is frozen, remove from freezer to thaw.
- Preheat oven to 375, and par-bake pie crust for 10 minutes.
- Lower the oven temp to 350.
- Brown the turkey sausage in a pan on medium to medium-high heat.
- Set the sausage aside, on a plate lined with two paper towels.
- Mix/whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the cheese, scallions, and sausage to the pie crust.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until done. The eggs should be set.