We’re in the middle of summer and grilling season. We’ve got an awesome Grilled Steak Tacos recipe for you. Jeff and I have been enjoying this for a few weeks, and we’ve finally “perfected the recipe,” and now we want to share it with you.
The thing that really makes this recipe is the grilled corn tortillas, so don’t skip that step. If you do, “you be crazy!” Grilled tortillas become chewy and a little crispy. The grill gives them a smoky flavor that lends itself so well to the taco application. Add two tortillas make this a “street taco.”
You can top them with anything you like, but we like to keep them simple by adding a little cabbage (for an awesome crunch), salsa, a homemade “crema,” and cilantro (of course).
You’ve GOT to try this one! It’s like summer on a plate.
- 2 lbs thinly sliced steak (many grocery stores sell thinly sliced steak for Mexican food)
- 1 teaspoon Mexican hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 24 small corn tortillas
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 16oz tub sour cream
- juice of 1 lime
- 3/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- In a large gallon bag, add the hot sauce, Worcestershire, olive oil, red wine vinegar, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, garlic salt, and steak.
- Marinade the steak for at least an hour.
- Slice the cabbage into thin slices.
- Grill the steak to your liking. We like our steak about medium rare.
- Let the steak rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Mix the sour cream, lime juice, and chipotle powder.
- While the steak is resting, grill the corn tortillas. Spray the tortillas with nonstick spray, and grill for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Slice the steak into squares.
- Build your taco by placing two corn tortillas on a plate. Add the steak, cabbage, salsa, crema, and cilantro.