*This post contains affiliate links, which means that we make a small commission if you choose to purchase the products, but we always promote products that we use and love.
These cute little things are light and airy, yet creamy and flavorful! This recipe is inspired by our friend Sarah Brucker, who made a quiche for Jeff and I while we were staying at their house this last Labor Day.
I love using my mini pie pan. If you don’t have one, you can use a muffin tin. Two egg “muffins” will count for one serving. The other great thing about this recipe is that it can be an “empty the fridge” recipe.
Consider this a base and go to your fridge for the other ingredients. Throw in some veggies that may be questionable in a day or so. Got some left over meat from last night’s dinner? Chop it up and throw that in too. (Just make sure that you drain the extra water out of veggies that like to hold on to it, such as zucchini or carrots.)
Make sure to stop by and let know what you created!
Crustless Quiche with Cottage Cheese and Herbs
1 tablespoon butter
6 egg whites
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup cottage cheese
3 tablespoon fresh chives
1/4 cup roughly chopped parsley
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Chop the onion and add to a small pan with 1 tablespoon butter. Cook the onion on medium to medium high heat, until it’s caramelized.
2. Whisk the eggs and milk in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the cottage cheese and mix.
4. Add the garlic powder, white pepper, salt, and pepper. Mix.
5. Add the herbs and mix well.
7. Add the caramelized onions to the tin.
8. Pour the egg mixture carefully into the tins, distributing the cottage cheese and herbs evenly.
9. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes, or until the eggs are done and set. The egg whites may cause the eggs to rise in the oven, but they will deflate once they cool.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper