Sometimes you just want to play with your food. I’m talking about experimenting with flavor combinations, of course. If you’re a regular reader, you know that’s one of my favorite things to do. I love experimenting with flavors. You might not always come up with a winning combination, but sometimes you’ll discover tastebud gold! As far as experiementing goes, this one is pretty tame, but also very tasty. You’ll also have fun making your own pizza – and you can use this recipe as a basis to get into the kitchen and experiment with your own pizzas. Of course, cheese and pepperoni is a classic combinaiton for a reason.
Blue Cheese, Roasted Garlic, and Spinach Pizza
1/2 store bought pizza dough
3 tablespoons roasted garlic (jarred or homemade)
3 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup fresh spinach, packed
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon Parmesan
- On a 14 inch cut of parchment paper, carefully stretch the dough into a 10-12 inch round. Don’t tear the dough.
- Optional: Place a pizza stone in the oven while it is preheating to 450 degrees.
- Top the dough evenly with the olive oil, roasted garlic, blue cheese, and black pepper.
- Add the spinach evenly.
- Add the mozzarella and Parmesan evenly.
- Note: If you do not want to use a pizza stone, use a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and brown, in a 450 degree oven.