Some pretty magical flavor combinations can be crafted out of necessity. This recipe was born out of the need for a snack and the combination of what was in my fridge. You don’t have to be a chef to create. Experimenting with food and flavors is part of the fun of cooking.
[Tweet “Experimenting with food and flavors is part of the fun of cooking.”]
The bitter blue cheese pairs well with the sweet honey. The tart cream cheese and mild onion taste of chives add another layer of flavor, while the black pepper brings it all together with a kick of heat. Do not skip the black pepper. Trust me on this one!
Blue Cheese Honey Pinwheels
1 tablespoon cream cheese
1 tablespoon blue cheese crumbles
1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Spread the cream cheese evenly on the tortilla.
2. Sprinkle the blue cheese and chives on the tortilla.
3. Drizzle with honey.
4. Add the black pepper.
5. Roll the tortilla tightly, and slice into 1/2 to 1 inch rounds.
- 1 tortilla
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon blue cheese crumbles
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Spread the cream cheese evenly on the tortilla.
- Sprinkle the blue cheese and chives on the tortilla.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Add the black pepper.
- Roll the tortilla tightly, and slice into 1/2 to 1 inch rounds.
Are you going to share your Blue Cheese Honey Pinwheels, or eat them all yourself? Let us know in the comments!