Contrary to popular belief, making your own salad dressing is not hard at all. Most of the time, aside from chopping the occasional herb, all you need to do is mix a few ingredients together in a jar; that’s all there is to it. This application is as easy as adding stuff to a blender and pushing the button. What you get is a tasty and healthy salad dressing.
This balsamic vinaigrette uses Dijon mustard as the emulsifier (the component that keeps the vinegar and oil in a suspension). It’s creamy and tart, yet has no trace of dairy. It’s the perfect healthy addition to any salad!
Balsamic Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
3/4 cup Olive Oil
1. Add the balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper to a blender. Blend until well mixed.
2. Very slowly drizzle the olive oil into the opening in your blender lid, while blending.
3. Add the dressing to a container and store in the refrigerator for one to two weeks.
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- Add the balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper to a blender. Blend until well mixed.
- Very slowly drizzle the olive oil into the opening in your blender lid, while blending.
- Add the dressing to a container and store in the refrigerator for one to two weeks.
What kind of salad will you add your balsamic dijon vinaigrette dressing to? Let us know in the comments section!
Crystal is the founder of Simply Playful Fare. She has been in the kitchen for as long as she can remember. She has a degree in English with an emphasis in creative writing.