Watching my ice cubes melt quickly in my Vhino Verde wine in the 80 degree heat can only mean one thing…
It’s officially summer in Montana.
I’m anxiously awaiting my new central air conditioner, but until then, the oven is off limits. The good news is that I’ve been dreaming of grilled summer food. It’s astonishing how much less clean up there is with a meal cooked on the grill. No pots or pans to wash!
The grill is not just for steaks anymore. According to this week’s “The Kitchen,” the grill is now trendy. People are finding all kinds of things to grill. Join the trend and grill some healthy veggies. They will be the perfect companion to waning appetites from the heat’s influence.
[Tweet “The grill is not just for steaks anymore.”]
This recipe has cilantro in it, so naturally, it’s the best ever. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs zucchini – try to pick smaller zucchini that can be cut into spears for the grill
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Chop the cilantro, mix all ingredients and add to a gallon plastic bag.
- Slice the zucchini in half, lengthwise.
- Add the zucchini to the bag, and marinade for at least 1/2 hour.
- Grill the zucchini for 3 – 5 minutes per side.
- Serve hot and enjoy!